A Serene Place to Stay and Play
Nestled on a patch of green grass by the edge of the Ogunquit Tidal River, The Dunes on the Waterfront is a traditional Maine resort for relaxing and replenishing escapes. From stand-alone cottages to studios to hotel style rooms, our facility is perfect for anyone who’d like to stay awhile in a spot by the sea.
About This Place: Our Ogunquit Maine Resort
The Dunes is unlike other resorts in Ogunquit, Maine. Here, clapboard cottages with green shutters and white picket fences are collected around patches of tulips and stately pines, and the glistening tidal flats of the Ogunquit River lay just outside your door. Snug in between an expanse of water to the front and quiet undeveloped forest to the back, our Maine resort often makes guest feel as if they have escaped time.
Each of our one and two-bedroom cottages have hardwood floors, wood burning fireplaces, kitchen accoutrements, bathrooms, and outdoor seating areas. All buildings are private but easily accessible from anywhere else on the grounds, making our cottages a great option for a large family or a reunion group visiting for a special occasion. Leave your sandals by the screened-in porch and set out for a barefoot beach walk, or row down the river in our wooden dories. At the end of the day, savor your supper by the fireplace as you watch the fireflies emerge outside.
Little ones will delight in our small playground area and outdoor pool, while adults will relish the Adirondack chairs by the water’s edge. On the other hand, our guestroom lodgings are smaller and cozier for a romantic couple or the solo traveler looking for some seaside quiet. All of our visitors will appreciate how we honor our incredible natural setting by taking care of it with eco-friendly operating principles.
However you like to vacation, our classic accommodations and one-of-a-kind campus make Maine fun easy. You’ll discover that The Dunes is much more than just another Maine beach resort. In fact, it may just be your next paradise.
Designed for two people, these suites feature a combination living room / bedroom with a fireplace and either queen or king bed.
- All cottage suites – except for #18 – are part of a multi-unit, cottage-style building and are not detached.
- Cottage Suites require a minimum one week stay in mid-June, July and August (Saturday to Saturday) and three night minimum at all other times.
These one-bedroom cottages accommodate two or three people with two twin beds, a double and twin bed, or a queen bed.
- Most of the one-bedroom cottages are part of a larger, cottage-style building and are not detached.
- One-Bedroom Cottages require a minimum one week stay in mid-June, July and August (Saturday to Saturday) and three night minimum at all other times.
The largest units on the property, these cottages are detached, single buildings featuring two bedrooms and one full bathroom with a tub / shower combination or a stall shower. Each accommodates four to six guests.
- Most of the cottages have a small pullout sofa in the living room to accommodate a fifth person, while two cottages can house groups of six guests.
- Two-Bedroom Cottages require a minimum one week stay in mid-June, a minimum of two week stay in July and August (Saturday to Saturday) and three nights at all other times.
Amenities and Services
- Wireless high speed Internet access
- Cable television
- 12 cup coffee makers
- Hair dryers
- Iron with ironing board
- Full and three-quarter bathrooms
- Wood-burning fireplaces
- Full kitchens
- Screened porches with captivating waterfront views
- Optional full housekeeping service for an additional fee
- Read more about amenities and services on our Policies page.
Book your hotel reservations online today for our preferred rates.
Check out our our last minute stays to see if any of our cottages may be the right fit for your family!