A Serene Place to Stay and Play
Nestled on a patch of green grass by the edge of the Ogunquit Tidal River, The Dunes on the Waterfront is a traditional Maine cottage colony where guests return year after year for one simple reason – we’re a tranquil and comfortable place to slow down, relax, and enjoy the sand, sun, and sea with family and friends. From stand-alone cottages to studios to hotel-style rooms, our facility is perfect for anyone who’d like to stay awhile in a spot by the sea.
Cottages By The Sea
The Dunes is unlike other resorts in Ogunquit. Here, clapboard cottages with green shutters and white picket fences are rooted around patches of tulips, stately pines, and the glistening tidal flats of the Ogunquit River that lay just outside your door. Snug in between an expanse of water to the front and quiet undeveloped forest to the back, our cottages often makes guests feel as if they have escaped time.
Each of our one and two-bedroom cottages have hardwood floors, wood-burning fireplaces, kitchen accouterments, bathrooms, and outdoor seating areas. All buildings are private but are easily accessible from anywhere on the grounds, making our cottages a great option for a large family or a reunion group visiting for a special occasion. Leave your sandals by the screened-in porch and set out for a barefoot beach walk or row down the river in our wooden dories.
At the end of the day, savor your supper by the fireplace as you watch the fireflies emerge outside. Discover why there’s nothing quite like cottage living here at The Dunes.
Designed for two people, these suites feature a combination living room/bedroom with a fireplace and either queen or king bed.
- All cottage suites – except for #18 – are part of a multi-unit, cottage-style building and are not detached.
- Cottage suites require a minimum one week stay in mid-June, July and August (Saturday to Saturday) and three-night minimum at all other times.
One-bedroom cottages accommodate two or three people with two twin beds, a double and twin bed, or a queen bed.
- Most one-bedroom cottages are part of a larger, cottage-style building and are not detached.
- One-bedroom cottages require a minimum one week stay in mid-June, July and August (Saturday to Saturday) and three-night minimum at all other times.
The largest units on the property, these cottages are detached, single buildings featuring two bedrooms and one full bathroom with a tub/shower combination or a stall shower. Each accommodates four to six guests.
- Most have a small pull-out sofa in the living room to accommodate an additional person.
- Two-bedroom cottages require a minimum one week stay in mid-June, a minimum two-week stay in July and August (Saturday to Saturday), and three nights at all other times.
Amenities and Services
- Wireless high-speed Internet access
- Flat-screen cable television
- 12 cup coffee makers
- Iron with ironing board
- Full and three-quarter bathrooms
- Wood-burning fireplaces
- Full kitchens
- Most with screened-in porches featuring captivating waterfront views
- Optional full housekeeping service for an additional fee
- Read more about amenities and services on our Policies page.
Book your cottage reservation online today for our preferred rates. And check out our last-minute stays to see if any of our cottages may be the right fit for your family!