Ogunquit Cottages & Guest Rooms
One of Maine’s original cottage resorts, The Dunes on the Waterfront is acclaimed for its natural beauty and views of the dunes of Ogunquit Beach. Some of our guests have called our inviting Ogunquit hotel one of Ogunquit’s best-kept secrets. A peaceful setting with access to the beach and to downtown Ogunquit, The Dunes on the Waterfront stands out amongst Ogunquit, Maine, hotels for our landscaped grounds, unique atmosphere and personalized service. Photos & Videos »
Ask anyone to describe The Dunes on the Waterfront and the first thing they’ll tell you about is our cottages. They’re at the very core of The Dunes tradition. These decades-old, classic New England-style cottages are prominently located all across our grounds. Showcasing white clapboard and vibrant green shutters, our one-and two-bedroom cottages feature hardwood floors, wood-burning fireplaces, and screened porches. Each unit is different, but all come equipped with full baths, full kitchens, and lovely vistas of the tidal river and sand dunes that make them ideal for family vacations. Cottages can accommodate up to six guests, Take a video tour, learn more about our cottages, or find a cottage on our Property Map »
You’ll also discover that same relaxing seaside atmosphere in our Ogunquit hotel’s guest rooms. Each individual room’s interior is completely original and totally unique. These guest rooms can be found throughout the property in cottage-style buildings and in our two-story hotel-style building (which also happens to offer those same spectacular views). All have their own outdoor sitting area, Keurig coffee makers and full housekeeping service. Our deluxe and two-bedroom guest rooms can accommodate up to five guests. Take a video tour or explore our Property Map »
Many guests consider our cottage suites their home away from home. A little more spacious than a guestroom with special touches you’d expect from an award-winning seaside hotel. These cottage suites are great for singles looking for a respite from the everyday world or couples that want to reunite after the hustle and bustle of daily lives. Take a video tour, learn more about our cottages, or find a cottage on our Property Map »
The Dunes Amenities
- Next door to Ogunquit Beach and within walking distance to village shops and restaurants
- Heated outdoor pool with breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean
- 12 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds showcasing an array of seasonal plants and flower beds
- Shuffleboard, lawn games, a basketball hoop and a playground
- A dock that can be used for fishing or launching kayaks and paddleboards (which are available for a discounted rate).
- Rowboats for guests to cross the Tidal River to Ogunquit Beach at high tide. Rowboats are limited — first come, first serve!
- A trolley stop at our entrance, allowing you to explore local attractions including miles of area walking trails
- Coffee, and board games available in the Office
- Complimentary high-speed wireless Internet throughout the entire property
- All guest rooms and cottages have low-profile flatscreen televisions and USB charging stations
Rates and Policies
- All of our rates and policies surrounding our Ogunquit Maine hotel can be found here.