We’re located at 518 Main St. on Ogunquit’s tidal river, overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and an uncrowded middle section of Ogunquit Beach. Just .75 miles from downtown and Perkins Cove, we’re within easy walking distance of fine shops and restaurants frequented by locals and visitors alike. You’ll see our sign on Route 1 at the end of our driveway, which leads away from the bustle of the road onto 12 acres of seaside greenery.
Some distances to help plan your trip to Ogunquit:
- 31 miles to Portland International Jetport
- 65 miles to Manchester Boston Regional Airport (MHT)
- 70 miles to Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)
- Five hours to New York City and Montreal
Route 1 Gets An Upgrade
Our driveway is right on Route 1, Maine’s classic seaside byway that doubles as Ogunquit’s Main Street. In December 2016, after two years, the hardworking men and women of the Maine Department of Transportation completed a $13.5 million project to renovate Route 1. Here’s what you can expect:
- 2.6 miles of brick and paved sidewalks.
- Two brand-new bridges.
- Two miles of complete road reconstruction.
- An elegant new downtown streetscape with antique streetlights.
The new walkway is accessible just outside our cottages, stretching all the way through down Main Street. Whether you’re taking a few steps over to The Lobster Pound or all the way down to Perkins Cove, sidewalk strolls have never been sweeter.
From Portland International Jetport and Points North:
- Start out going North on Westbrook Street toward Jetport Boulevard.
- Turn left onto Jetport Boulevard.
- Jetport Boulevard becomes Jetport Road.
- Merge onto I-95 S / Maine Turnpike via the ramp on the left toward Kittery / Boston (portions toll).
- Take exit 19 toward Wells / Sanford.
- Turn left onto ME-109.
- Turn right onto US-1.
- The Dunes on the Waterfront is located at 518 Main Street.
From Points South:
- Take exit 7 (York – Ogunquit) from I-95.
- Turn left on US Route 1.
- Proceed north 7 miles to Ogunquit Village Center.
- Proceed through the center on Route 1 for 1/2 mile.
- The Dunes on the Waterfront is on the right at 518 Main Street