Maine Invites You
Planning a trip to Maine? A state as diverse as Maine; you may have a tough time deciding what kind of vacation or trip you want to plan.
- Will you be visiting in the Spring, Summer, Fall or Winter?
- Are you looking for a relaxing get away from your hectic schedules?
- Is your romance in need of a bit of rekindling?
- Meeting up with friends and family you have not seen in a long time?
- Are you coming for a particular event in our area?
- Are you looking for some adventure?
If you have answered “Yes” to any of those questions you can be assured that Maine is the state you want to visit!
The Maine Beaches or Southern Maine Coast region (where The Dunes on the Waterfront is located) consists of Kittery, York , Ogunquit , Wells , Kennebunk/Kennebunkport , Biddeford/Saco and Old Orchard Beach all within 40 minutes of the Maine boarder! The Maine Beaches area has many exciting features to offer each individual depending on the nature of your visit.
- Beaches; The Maine Beaches area offers miles of white sandy beaches, sandcastle contests, beach volleyball, kite flying, boardwalks and scenic walkways.
- Ocean; In the regions working harbors you can find whale watches, sailing, sea kayaking, deep sea fishing, surfing, stand up paddling, boogie boarding, skim boarding and body surfing.
- Wildlife Habitats; Enjoy a peaceful day learning about native birds, stolling along some of the best nature trails in the area while learning the benefits of science and conservation in the south coast of Maine.
- Boutique Shopping; A variety of clothing shops, galleries, gourmet wine & cheese shops, jewelry shops, children’s shops and much much more.
- Dining; take-out, family and casual, fine-dining, including seafood, Italian, French, American and Thai (The Maine Beaches area offers some of the best culinary cuisine you can find in the Maine)
- Entertainment; museums, galleries, theaters, antiques, amusement and water parks, hiking, biking, coastal drives, and don’t miss the gorgeous George H.W. Bush summer home in Kennebunkport.
With 19 New England Cottages and 17 well-appointed guest rooms spread out over 12 beautifully maintained acres you are sure to be able to reset and relax in a peaceful setting or have fun with friends and family. Enjoy a beautiful sunrise over the Atlantic Ocean or sleep in and hit a late brunch at one of many wonderful breakfast locations in Ogunquit.
Enjoy The Dunes on the Waterfront with your significant other or your family. You will surly enjoy everything we have to offer from the heated outdoor seasonal pool, croquet, shuffleboard, rowboats and the pristine views overlooking the Atlantic Ocean.