Need to get away from it all? Fast? Below, you’ll find all of our cottages and guest rooms that will be open for reservations within the next few weeks. It’s the easy way to plan that last-minute getaway to Ogunquit. So be spontaneous. And come on by and enjoy some of that fresh ocean air.
Anchor your stay at one of our seaside cottages or guest rooms here at The Dunes and we’ll help to make sure that special weekend is one to remember.
A Few Hints on How to Spend Your Getaway
Last-minute getaways are also really big in the Spring and Fall at The Dunes. Between sandy beaches, lobster shacks, and scenic wilderness trails, there are plenty of ways to maximize your time with us. Aside from our magnificent beaches and fabulous downtown, here are a few ideas we’ve put together to help you do just that.
- Plan the Best Beach Day Ever. When in Rome, do as Romans do; when in Maine… well, you know. For you beach bums, plan your whole day around Ogunquit’s sandy shores. Prep some sandwiches and picnic essentials at your own cottage kitchen, and take a short walk (or row, depending on the tide) over to Ogunquit Beach. Don’t worry — with the softest sand in Maine at your feet, you can stroll barefoot in the sand without a rock in sight
- Take to the Waves on a Stand-up Paddleboard. For those seeking a bit of adventure, stand-up paddleboarding will add a little excitement to your outing. First-timers be prepared — this balancing act might be tricky at first. But trust us. The family that falls together laughs together. Take an introductory lesson right here at The Dunes with the help of Liquid Dreams Surf Shop, and be sure to have someone on photography duty to catch the hilarity as it unfolds.
- Explore One Of Southern Maine’s Walking Trails. A nature lover? Then take a hike along one of southern Maine’s scenic walking trails. Enjoy the breathtaking ocean views along The Marginal Way, followed by some post-stroll Maine lobster at Barnacle Billy’s down in Perkins Cove. If the mountains are more your thing, strap on some hiking boots and tackle Mount Agamenticus. Its just a few miles from The Dunes. With three loop trails of varying difficulties and lots of majestic Maine wildlife and breathtaking mountain views, Mt. A is a dream come true for any outdoors lover.
- Take a Swing at a Southern Maine Golf Course. Looking to channel your inner Tiger Woods? Take a swing at one of southern Maine’s beautiful golf courses. Guests here at The Dunes can enjoy a few rounds at the semi-private Cape Neddick Country Club (a Dunes partner), or take a trip over to The Ledges public golf club, which boasts some sweeping ocean views and Pine Tree State greenery.
- Take a Day Trip to Southern Maine’s Lakes and Rivers. Prefer boating to sunbathing? Maine is the cream of the crop when it comes to forest-lined lakefronts. Take a boat ride on Lake Sebago and do a little fishing, or visit the Saco River and the delicious waterfront restaurants in town (like The Run of the Mill). If you’d rather soar than swim, get a bird’s-eye view of western Maine’s beautiful lakes and dense forests at Naples Seaplane Adventures.
Tour Our Cottages and Guestrooms:
Our classic Maine cottages are equipped with full kitchens, full baths, hardwood floors, and may include porches and fireplaces.
The rates for our unique, hotel-style guestrooms are based on double occupancy. Additional guests will be $15.00 per night plus tax.
Ready to make your Ogunquit getaway? Call us at 207-646-2612 or book online to snag one of these last-minute stays.