Like a stay at The Dunes on the Waterfront. We welcome your canine loved ones in select guesthouses and cottages. Prior to your visit, call us and we will provide you with information on where dogs are welcome in the area.
Check below for our pet policies. Then call to book one of our dog-friendly rooms or book online before they fill up for the Summer.
- There is a fee of $35 per night per dog. We only allow dogs at this time.
- There is a maximum of two (2) dogs allowed per unit.
- Several rooms are designated dog-friendly. Please inquire upon making your reservation (dog-friendly rooms are also available to be booked online).
- Dog(s) must be declared at the time of reservation. Please provide us with your dog’s name and special identifiable markings on Sign-In sheet at arrival.
- Dog(s) should never be left unattended in your room at any time. (If your dog(s) are well behaved and quiet you may leave them for a short time to enjoy dinner only but they must be crated).
- Dog(s) must always be kept on a leash outside of your unit (no tethers will be allowed).
- Dog(s) will not be allowed in public areas such as (pool, office or dock area).
- Please feed your dog(s) on the tiled floor rather than on carpet or wood to minimize any spillage or staining while eating and drinking.
- If your dog(s) bark frequently, other guests may be disturbed, so please take steps to comfort and positively reward your pooch for not barking. Guests may be asked to leave if their dog excessively barks and disturbs other guests (refunds for your stay will not be given).
- Please wipe off muddy or wet paws before you enter your unit (we will provide pet towels as requested); please do not use bath or pool towels. Please, no baths in tubs or showers (there are outdoor showers to wash your pet off if they enjoyed a day at the beach).
- We will provide a blanket or dog bed upon request to eliminate dog(s) on beds and furniture.
- If in a guestroom, please contact the front desk to arrange for housekeeping service as our housekeepers do not want to frighten or scare your pooch. The room will not be serviced if we do not hear from you.
- Bio-Degradable waste bags will be available at the front desk to pick up after your dog.
- If any damage occurs to your unit as a result of your pet’s behavior, any repair and or cleaning will be billed to your account.
- While in Ogunquit please note the following restrictions: Dogs are not permitted on the beach from April 1st to September 8th. Marginal Way restrictions are April 1st to September 30th. The front desk will have a list of places where dogs are allowed during your visit.
- Dogs are not permitted in the Ogunquit River Estuary at any time.
- Rabies Certificates are required at arrival.
Thank you again for making The Dunes on the Waterfront part of your Ogunquit vacation. We hope you enjoy your time in Ogunquit and your stay with us. We thank you for your consideration in following these guidelines.
Guest Signature _______________________________ Unit #___________ Date:___________