Throw Your Dog a Bone
Like a stay at The Dunes on the Waterfront. We’re more than happy to welcome your canine pals in select guest rooms and cottages. Check below for our pet policies. Then call to book one of our dog-friendly rooms or book online before they fill up for the Summer. Our staff can also provide you with information on where dogs are welcome in the area.
Check below for our pet policies. Then call to book one of our dog-friendly rooms or book online before they fill up for the Summer.
- There is a fee of $35 per night per dog. We only allow dogs at this time.
- There is a maximum of two (2) dogs allowed per unit.
- Several rooms are designated dog-friendly. Please inquire upon making your reservation. Dog-friendly rooms can be booked online.
- Dog(s) must be declared at the time of reservation. Please provide us with your dog’s name and special identifiable markings on the sign-In sheet at arrival.
- Dog(s) should never be left unattended in your room at any time. If your dog(s) are well behaved and quiet you may leave them for a short time but they must be crated.
- Dog(s) must always be kept on a leash outside of your unit. No tethers will be allowed.
- Dog(s) will not be allowed in public areas such as pool, office or dock area.
- Please feed your dog(s) on the tiled floor rather than on carpet or wood to minimize any spillage or staining.
- If your dog(s) bark frequently other guests may be disturbed. So please take steps to comfort and positively reward your pooch for not barking. Guests may be asked to leave if their dog excessively barks and disturbs other guests. In this case, refunds for your stay will not be given.
- Please wipe off muddy or wet paws before you enter your unit. We will provide pet towels as requested. Do not use bath or pool towels. And no baths in tubs or showers. There are outdoor showers where you can wash your pet off.
- We will provide a blanket or dog bed upon request to eliminate dog(s) resting on beds and furniture.
- If in a guest room, please contact the front desk to arrange for housekeeping service as our housekeepers do not want to frighten or scare your pooch. The room will not be serviced if we do not hear from you.
- Biodegradable waste bags will be available at the front desk to pick up after your dog.
- If damage occurs to your unit as a result of your pet’s behavior, any repair and or cleaning will be billed to your account.
- While in Ogunquit please note the following restrictions: Dogs are not permitted on the beach from April 1st to September 8th. Marginal Way restrictions are April 1st to September 30th. The front desk will have a list of places where dogs are allowed during your visit.
- Dogs are not permitted in the Ogunquit River Estuary at any time.
- Rabies Certificates are required upon arrival.
Thank you again for making The Dunes on the Waterfront part of your Ogunquit vacation. We hope you and your furry friend(s) enjoy your time in Ogunquit and your stay with us. We thank you for your consideration in following the above guidelines.