Planning a date night or just planning on planning a date night (these things take a lot of effort!) during your getaway in Ogunquit? Whether you are just browsing or are in full-fledged planning mode, here is our advice for the best Ogunquit Maine restaurants to make any long-awaited date night special.
5 Ogunquit Maine Restaurants For Lovers (or anyone, really)
Every couple has their own style, so here are some favorite options to please both the fanatic foodies and the beach bums.
1. Find food perfection at MC Perkins Cove. Run by James Beard Award-winning chefs Mark Gaier and Clark Frasier, foodies will delight in menu items like sesame-crusted, deep-fried rainbow trout or steamed whole Maine lobster. All are cooked to perfection using hand grown and handpicked fresh herbs. And, did we mention the stellar view at MC Perkins Cove? This foodie paradise sits right on the water, overlooking the waves that crash on the rocky shore. No doubt this belongs on this list of best Ogunquit Maine restaurants.
2. Keep it casual at Cornerstone. Enjoy a few craft brews and fresh Maine lobster a different way at Cornerstone (no lobster bibs and shell-cracking required). The artisan pizzas at this restaurant in the middle of Ogunquit are creative and adored by locals and guests alike. A local’s favorite is the Lobster Pizza covered with tarragon-sherry ricotta and a mozzarella-provolone blend, finished with chilled fresh Maine lobster salad, scallions, and lemon aioli. Another favorite? Try the fabulous Chicken Fig Pizza.
3. Gypsy Sweethearts is for sweethearts. This delightful gem is full of small town charm with big city taste. Try sitting on their wraparound covered porch on a nice evening to enjoy international cuisine with plenty of options for any type of eater. Vegetarians and vegans will eat happily here! Stand-out menu items include Chile-crusted Oven Roasted Rack of Lamb and Mexican-style Grilled Corn.
4. Five-O defines a night out in Ogunquit. With top-notch entrees and an amazing assortment of small plates, there are tons of tantalizing treats on the menu at Five-O. Classically trained chefs prepare seasonally inspired dishes with Italian and Spanish influences, in a kitchen stocked with locally sourced produce, meats, and seafood. Like so many Ogunquit restaurants, there is always something new at Five-O.
5. Loosen Up at Beachfire. The drinks are plentiful (and stiff) and the food is no slouch. House smoked BBQ fills the air and the guests, who are always welcome to linger as long as they like at the giant outdoor fire pit. Enjoy deep conversation or make new friends as you take in the refreshing ocean breeze next to a cozy roaring fire.
Better Than Dessert: An After Dinner Bonus
If date night is still sizzling and you’re not quite ready to turn in, make your way over to the Front Porch for a raucous good time at the piano bar. If you aren’t already, their martinis will have you both smiling in no time. Truth be told, they could be # 6 on the “5 Great Ogunquit Maine Restaurants for Date Night”, but then it wouldn’t be 5 would it?
We know as well as anyone that there are simply too many good Ogunquit, Maine, restaurants for just one date night. So, make it a goal to taste your way through Ogunquit for more than one occasion. For ways to fill the days, try a few ideas from our Ogunquit weekend getaway itinerary!