Our heated outdoor swimming pool gives the option of a quick dip without venturing over to the ocean. There’s no need to give up your view of the Maine coast to go swimming, though — the pool is located on prime real estate looking out over our lawn, the tidal river, and the Atlantic. We use bromine instead of chlorine in our pool — it keeps the water clean but doesn’t smell like chemicals and it won’t bleach your bathing suit. It doesn’t dry out sensitive skin, either.
This is a perfect spot to unwind with a book while the kids play or to enjoy a cool drink after dinner. Thanks to its central location, the pool is no more than a minute-or-two’s walk from any cottage or guest room. Still, it’s far enough away from porches and other outdoor sitting areas that you’ll never be stuck in the middle of an unwanted game of Marco Polo. In the spirit of our commitment to casual relaxation, the pool is open from 9am until dusk daily. We ask that children under 12 be supervised by an adult at all times.
A longtime family favorite, we had the pool completely refinished for the 2014 season. We added a new high-quality liner and upgraded the heating and filtering systems. We converted from chlorine to bromine and added stonework and brand-new furniture: the comfy green lounges you see above.
Our property-wide environmental policy applies to the pool as much as any other part of The Dunes: careful management of our heating system means we hardly use the propane heater in the summer. Our team covers the pool each night, and its position with no nearby trees or buildings means it gets the sun’s full power all day long.
- Open from 9am till dusk each day
- Fresh, soft towels are available at the pool
- Newly refinished in 2014
- Treated with bromine instead of chlorine — friendlier to skin, clothing, and the environment
- Propane heated as necessary — naturally warm thanks to sunshine and insulated cover
- Unobstructed view of Ogunquit’s tidal river, the sand dunes, and the ocean
- Plenty of comfortable lounge chairs
- Outdoor shower spigot for those who’d like to rinse off
- Fenced in for family peace of mind
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult