We’re located at 518 Main St. on Ogunquit’s tidal river, overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and an uncrowded middle section of Ogunquit Beach. Just .75 miles from downtown and Perkins Cove, we’re within easy walking distance of fine shops and restaurants frequented by locals and visitors alike. You’ll see our sign on Route 1 at the end of our driveway, which leads away from the bustle of the road onto 12 acres of seaside greenery.
Some distances to help plan your trip to Ogunquit:
- 31 miles to Portland International Jetport
- 65 miles to Manchester Boston Regional Airport (MHT)
- 70 miles to Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)
- Five hours to New York City and Montreal
A Note About the Route 1 Construction Project in Ogunquit
Our driveway is right on Route 1, Maine’s classic seaside byway that doubles as Ogunquit’s Main Street. Tens of thousands of visitors travel Route 1 every year, and the infrastructure is due for an update. MaineDOT broke ground on a massive improvement project in early March 2015, which is slated for completion in December 2016. Our sidewalks, bridges, and driving lanes are going to be prettier and more practical when the project’s done — in the meantime, here are some fast facts to help you get the most out of your vacation:
- The construction will pause from June 18 through Labor Day to ease traffic issues during the most popular vacation season
- You can always call us directly for up-to-date information and travel tips
- You can follow the project’s progress here — MaineDOT will keep the page updated with news and photos
- Though our driveway entrance is on Route 1, the property itself sits far back away from the road — you won’t experience any disturbances once you’re here
From Portland International Jetport and Points North:
- Start out going North on Westbrook Street toward Jetport Boulevard.
- Turn left onto Jetport Boulevard.
- Jetport Boulevard becomes Jetport Road.
- Merge onto I-95 S / Maine Turnpike via the ramp on the left toward Kittery / Boston (portions toll).
- Take exit 19 toward Wells / Sanford.
- Turn left onto ME-109.
- Turn right onto US-1.
- The Dunes on the Waterfront is located at 518 Main Street.
From Points South:
- Take exit 7 (York – Ogunquit) from I-95.
- Turn left on US Route 1.
- Proceed north 7 miles to Ogunquit Village Center.
- Proceed through the center on Route 1 for 1/2 mile.
- The Dunes on the Waterfront is on the right at 518 Main Street