The Dunes on the Waterfront Environmental Policy
The Dunes on the Waterfront is passionate about preserving and protecting our historic buildings, grounds and views. With only 36 lodging units spread across 12 acres of land, we recognize the importance of providing an eco-friendly place to visit. Becoming a Certified Environmental Leader is an important initiative. We want to make sure we are doing everything possible to provide our guests with a safe and environmentally responsible experience for years to come.
- We purchase from as many local companies as possible to prevent excess vehicle usage while supporting local businesses.
- For items we are not able find locally, we order in bulk to decrease the number of deliveries and reduce our carbon footprint.
- We use as many Green-Sealed Certified cleaning products as possible as well as a local Green-Shield Certified pest control company to treat our units.
- We use a local landscaping company that treats our lawn and gardens with an organic fertilizer.
- Bromine is used in place of chlorine for our outdoor heated pool, which is also covered nightly with an insulated cover to prevent the loss of heat and reduce our dependency on propane.
- We supply bathroom amenities made from natural ingredients with recycled packaging materials.
- We give our guests the option to reuse their towels and linen, and provide recycling bins in each unit.
- We are a proud participant of the Global Soap Project , an initiative that recovers and recycles soap from hotels that would otherwise end up in landfills. The soap is sorted, melted and remolded into new bars to be distributed to vulnerable populations around the world such as refugees, orphans and disaster victims.